The following questions and more will be discussed in our upcoming virtual event, Careers in Technology, today, August 25th at 6 p.m. RSVP at https://bit.ly/2Eyj32m.
Just in case you’ll miss it, please leave your thoughts, comments and answers below.
- What do you recommend individuals to learn and the certifications they should acquire to boost their career or employment opportunities?
- What do you think of the current landscape of the Tech Industry in Jamaica and where it is going especially in comparison to where it was when you started?
- What do you think is needed for exponential growth and opportunities in Tech in Jamaica especially since the various political parties have put forward a GoDigital approach in their manifestos?
- more internet access across the island
- more flexibility of work from home
- more opportunities for local e-commerce
- tech in education
- cheaper tax on imported tech-based goods and services
- What do you think about the future of remote and tech jobs in Jamaica and the Caribbean?
- Which jobs do you think will continue to see a bomb in the coming months?
- Also, what are your thoughts about the barrier of entry for individuals who are interested in getting into tech?
- Software testing is one of the most accessible tech fields in tech…
- What are your thoughts about software developers being testers?
- What about the approach of training non-techie and beginners to learn and perform quality testing and write automated testing?
- Where do you recommend techies to look for opportunities and jobs?
- Are there any mediums or resources that you would like to recommend to learn about software development and other related fields?