Every chat room has a Chat ID number attached to it. It doesn’t matter if it’s private or public nor how many people are involved.
You can access Telegram by using a browser, the mobile app or the desktop app. From there on, you can contact a bot to find the chat ID of your channel, group or personal chat. Here’s how to do it:
Method 1 - Use the @jsondumpbot
- Click on @jsondumpbot or search for JSON Dump Bot on Telegram
- Forward a message from that channel to the JsonDumpBot telegram bot
You should see something like this:
Voila there’s your ID
- Go to https://web.telegram.org
- Click on your channel
- Look at the URL and find the part that looks like
- Remove the underscore and after
- Remove the prefixed letter
- Prefix with a
- That’s your channel id.